Libra Shipping Services, Adani Global FZE, Jebel Ali, UAE www.adanigroup.com
Group company of Adani Global FZE, Dubai a subsidiary of Adani Global Pte Ltd Singapore having parent company; Adani Export Limited, Ahmedabad a Golden Superstar Trading House with turn over worth USD 2 billions. At present it’s owning and operating 2 ports in India i.e. Mundra Port and Port of Belekeri some more ports and SEZ are at planning stage. Libra on behalf of Adani ships annually more than 10 million tons of cargo thereby catering to group’s all shipping needs and performing by catering vessels on voyage / Trip Time Charter and period charter depending on market sentiments and commodity status. Company holds one panamax and one oil tanker in period charter.
Shipping & Cargo Head Nov 99-Mar 00
Geyser Ltd, Dubai, UAE
Specialized in trading of Rock-Phosphate, Sulphur, Liquid Ammonia and Sulphuric Acid. Major clients are Oswal Chemical & Fertilizer Ltd, a company that owns state of art fertilizer plant if Paradip Port on east coast of India
Port Operations Manager Sept 94-Oct 99
Western Bulk Carriers of Oslo, Norway (Based in India) www.westernbulk.no
Co has under their commercial management a fleet of about 70 ships and one of the largest owner/ operator of grab fitted handmax dry bulk carriers. The Company transports among others steel parcels from Baltic and Black Sea to the US Gulf, Fertilizer from US, Africa and Far East to Australia, coal/iron ore from Indian Ocean to Persian Gulf, export products from Chile and cement from the Far East to Atlantic harbours. Key commodities transported include lumber/logs, cement, sugar, steel products, salt, grain, coal, alumina, iron ore etc. Company’s core business is chartering, operation and Project and Financial Trading.
Balailal Mookerjee & Co Pvt Ltd, Calcutta, India
Shipping agency house & chartering broker operate all Indian Ports for ship agency services.
Apr 93-May 94
Service on board Jun 92-Feb 93
Neptune Orient Lines of Singapore
A global transportation company with core businesses involved in bulk carriers, container transportation and supply chain management. They own and operate over 100 vessels.
Assistant Chartering Officer Jul 90-Jun 92
Ministry of Surface Transport, Government of India Member of charting team in Transchart, chartering wing of Ministry of Surface Transport. Held post of Under Secretary to Govt of India.
Senior Pilot May 84-Jul 90
Paradip Port Trust, Paradip Port, India. One of the trickiest port as regard to manoeuvring large Panamax, Cape size vessels and LASH vessels having huge wind age area with use of the conventional under powered twin/single screw tugs under strong wind and cross current conditions. Handles tankers, very large volume of iron ore and coal traffic mostly on large panamaxes and Cape size vessels, which are regular caller to the port.
Service on Board- J Marr Shipping Ltd, England May 83-Oct 83
Ship broking & Chartering Trainee - Globus New Delhi, India Dec 82-May 83
Service on Board- Egon Oldendorff of Germany Jan 82-Dec 82
Service on Board- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, India Jun 79-Apr 81
Service on Board- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, India Mar 77-Sept 78
Service on Board- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, India Jul 74-Sept 76
Proven Job Role
• Report directly to Directors and Managing Directors of the company.
• Responsible for complete shipping operations involving negotiation of freight / hire and fixing the vessel on voyage or time charter for shipping contracted commodities, managing operations team and implementing systems and procedures in the organisation.
• Manage a team of personnel in direct supervision.
• Marketed services and enrichment of cargo base for the company.
• Achieved desired targets by competitive Freighting & Efficient Management of Operations.
• Determinate vessel’s suitability for particular trade / voyage, liaise with ship-owners, brokers, agents, receivers, shippers, surveyors, port and govt. authorities.
• Supervise loading and discharging operation to ensure efficient turn around of the vessel.
• Advance and monitor hire / freight to owners and disbursement to agents.
• Negotiate with bunker traders for bunkering of the vessels at different ports to lay down voyage instructions to master of vessels.
• Deal in lay time settlement with charter party about sale / purchase contract disputes.
• Coordinate with PNI, strike clubs and draft sale / purchase contracts for traders and voyage and time charter parties for the charterers.
• Prepare arbitration; provide relevant information and documentary support to PNI clubs and solicitors in case of dispute and failure.
• Pilot all kinds of Vessels including Tankers, Cape Size Vessels and LASH Vessels 261 m long in/out of Paradip Port many a times in difficult weather and strong current conditions.
• Maintain, upkeep vessel and its equipment, ensure vessel complies with all international and SOLS regulations. Act as a Navigating Watch Keeping Officer while ship at high seas.
• Responsible for crew administration and handle crew matter.
• Maintain all safety items/equipment and navigational equipments on board and medical chest; first aid treatment to crew.
• Monitoring of voyage results for chartered vessels. Dispute resolutions.
• Under Current Employment- My meritorious work of salvaging 63,000 mt coal under complicated circumstances and inexorable conditions from MV Saturn II that grounded off Dahej Port in year 2002, punctured her bottom and developed crack across the vessel. Company saved USD 2 million was acclaimed by present employer. Grounding in fact was foul play by owner seeking to make ship a total loss.
• Under Current Employment Salvaged 12600 mt Soyabean Meal Off Pasir Gudang from MV Amar that was abandoned after Engine Room Fire.( 2007)
• Under Current and Past Employment- Induced competitiveness amongst brokers and port agents for the advantage of company.
• Under Current Employment -Independently operated voyage and time chartered vessels on an average about 40 at any given time on hand, worldwide basis.
• Under Employment with Western Bulk Carriers- Dauntlessly sailed ship from Port of Porbandar without pilot for company’s gain. – MV Western OMG
• Under Employment with Wetern Bulk Carriere- Tactfully discharged cargo in extreme rolling at Muldwarka open roads from Western Greeting
• Under Current and past Employment Enhanced client/customer relations and strengthened bond.
• Under Current Employment- Won many arbitration awards in favour of employer.
• Under Employment with Paradip Port Trust- Piloted Cape size and LASH vessels as Pilot in Port Of Paradip under critical conditions- Also undertook dredging and Salvage operations
• Associated with Transchart, western Bulk Carrier and Libra Shipping and successfully brought in various contacts in the industry namely Transchart, Adani Export Ltd, ETA Dubai, Swiss Singapore, Western Bulk Carriers, Eastern Bulk Carriers, Ispat Industries, Vikram Ispat, Noble Chartering, Khaleej Sugar Dubai, Binani Cement BALCO, MMTC, Bhatia Coal and Agrawal Coal and many leading companies such as Lorentzen and Stemeco, Clarkson, SSY, JE Hyde, wonseild, Lightship and many Greek Owners/Brokers.
• Attained Techno commercial status exploited as solution provider to ship related problems and disputes
• Marketed Ship services to prospective exporters/importer
• Traded Coal Cargo to Pakistan
• Work performance has been much admired and appreciated by the past and present employers for dedicated work approach, innovation, creativity, judicious implementation of original ideas and providing cost effective solutions.
• Induced competitiveness amongst brokers and port agents for the advantage of company.
• Enhanced client/customer relations and strengthened bond.
• Associated with /worked for Industry leaders and many gigantic business houses.